Friday 5: Happening in March
For me, February went by in a chocolate-laden blur of groundhogs and Valentine’s and turning 30 (gulp). But, somehow March has arrived and spring is just around the corner. I’m looking forward to some better weather (ha-ha), garden planning, and a few CLEs.
Open up your March calendar and add reminders for some — or all — of these happenings:
- Become a Board of Governors Candidate. The WSBA needs leaders! Seats are opening up on the Board of Governors this fall in the 2nd, 9th and 10th districts. TODAY is the deadline, so apply right now. Voting takes place from March 15 to April 15. See our Elections webpage for more information.
- Attend the Board of Governors Candidate Forum. Mark your calendar for Wednesday, March 6 at 5:30 p.m. and plan on joining us for the first-ever WSBA Board of Governors Candidate Forum. Individuals running for the open District seats in District 2, 9 and 10 will come together to talk about their reasons for running and field questions from a moderator and from members. You can attend in person or online. If have questions you’d like to pose to them, please email email@example.com.
- Earn some CLE credits. Check out our events calendar for some great CLEs this month. Whether it’s IP, Elder Law, or wineries, there’s bound to be something that will peak your interest.
- Watch for the March issue of NWLawyer! This issue will feature inspiring articles on doing pro bono work and paying off your student loans early. You can catch up on the last two issues online, too.
- Stop by the Board of Governors meeting in Vancouver, WA. The Board will meet in Vancouver on March 8-9. Check out the meeting materials and drop by (RSVP in advance, if possible). Can’t come? Contact your Governor if you have questions or comments about any of the meeting topics.
- Write something! What’s a Friday 5 without a 6th item? We welcome blog posts from all members of the legal community – yes, this means you too, law students, clerks, and paralegals! Review our submission guidelines and contribute your voice to NWSidebar. You can even write a Friday 5 list with only 5 items!