The annual WSBA Trial Advocacy Program (TAP) offers a two-day, trial-skills training from seasoned trial lawyers on Oct. 28-29, and a one-day mock trial three weeks later, on Nov. 19. This seminar is designed for attorneys working in the criminal or civil arena with little to no trial experience but a strong desire to become effective trial lawyers.
Why do so many new lawyers attend?
- Training made specifically for new lawyers. From voir dire to closing arguments, the TAP two-day seminar covers the basic skills you need to know in the court room. Past participants said the seminar was “completely engaging and thought-provoking” and “entertaining, real-world skill development that every new lawyer should attend.”
- Two new panels added this year – plus lunch! Enjoy complementary lunch at the TAP seminar with brand new panels for even more CLE credits – nearly 20 with the mock trail. Friday’s panel features new lawyers and what it took to win their first trials. Saturday’s panel, sponsored by the WSBA Litigation Section, features experienced trial attorneys who will share what they learned from years of trying civil and criminal cases.
- Consultation with distinguished trial lawyers. Meet distinguished faculty and discover new, effective trial strategies for every case. We bring in big names to teach practical lessons – check out the full agenda.
- Practice and confidence. The seminar’s built-in exercises let you practice new skills as they’re taught, and each section ends with discussion and Q&A. Walk out the door confident that you can apply new skills in your practice.
- Honest feedback you need to hone your trial skills. In the mock trial, get direct feedback from judges and jurors. A real judge presides over your case and shares feedback. You get the rare opportunity to actually listen via phone to jurors as they deliberate and ultimately reach a verdict in your case.
WSBA’s Trial Advocacy Program is made possible by the work of WSBA Volunteers! Learn more about the program and how to volunteer for next year’s TAP.