At the back of NWLawyer, the WSBA’s magazine, you’ll find a feature called “Beyond the Bar Number.” In every issue, we talk to a member like you and learn a little about your personal story. If you haven’t sent in your profile yet, here are five reasons to give it a try.
- It’s easy: You choose the questions you want to answer from our list — about your career in the law, who and what matters to you, or your most memorable experiences.
- You can submit it online: Email email@example.com for a copy of the questionnaire, fill it out, and send it back along with a high-resolution photo or two of yourself (with your family, friends, pets, or doing a favorite activity).
- Share what you’ve learned about the law with your colleagues: Whether it’s important life lessons, clients who have changed your perspective, or the role models who inspired you to practice law, this is a great way to share your unique insights.
- Represent your practice area, section, or cultural background: WSBA members are a diverse bunch representing many practice areas, cultural backgrounds and career paths. Big firms or solos, government lawyers and JAGs, and even attorneys working outside the traditional legal field — we want to hear from you.
- You’ll be in good company: Recently, we’ve featured Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson, City of Spokane Assistant Public Defender Francis Adewale, and North Seattle lawyer Stacey Romberg. You could be next!
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.